The bad news is that we've spent a few thousand dollars replacing appliances in the pool bars and some ground-floor Units have been flooded with sewage. The good news is that, with your help, this is completely avoidable. Here's how you can help!!
We've put together a short, 5-slide briefing, with visuals and bullet-summary.
Basically, you should know the sewer system in Las Mañanitas connects with the city system like this.
Sump Pump Can Be Blocked
The sump pump that pumps the waste water from the catch tank near each Phase can get clogged is something like a baby wipe covers the intake screen.
Sewage Backs Up Into First Floor Units and Pool Bars
In the Units, that create a disgusting message and sometime some damage. In the pool bars, it can short-out the electrical appliances, which cost low-four-figures (USD) to replace.
Owners Can Help.
- Don’t flush anything other than toilet paper, #1 and #2 down the drain.
- Don’t place anything non-organic in the garbage disposal
- Tell all guests and renters
- Include it in your information packet to renters
- If you rent frequently, add a sign or placard near the toilet saying “Please, Do Not Flush Feminine Hygiene Products, Baby Wipes, Diapers Or Similar Items In the Toilet!