Renovation and Remodeling Reminder: 45 Day Lead Time
"There is a season for all things," it says in the Bible. But it didn't list "renovations and remodeling season" at Las Mañanitas, which is June 15th - October 15th. (Administrator's Rules, 28).Note 1
A) alters the exterior of a unit (including anything on the terraces that is visible to the common area) or
B) any alteration which cuts into any wall
. . . requires approval by the Community Manager.
Any Owner planning major renovations must fill out the Remodel Application Form and submit it to David Alanis, the Community Manager (email@example.com) at least 45 days in advance. David will forward it to the Board and/or Architecture Committee as needed.
Note 1: Here is the full text of Rule 28 for your convenient reference:
Alterations, Major Construction and Renovation in Units
28. To avoid or minimize discomfort to other residents, any Major Construction or renovation work in any condo unit or patio should be done to the greatest extent possible during the “off season” period, from June 15 to October 15. Renovations or construction by new owners of condo units prior to initial occupancy are not limited to these months but should be promptly undertaken after final closing. Any such work shall be limited to the hours between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM on weekdays, and 9:00AM to 1:00PM on Saturday (no work on Sunday’s). No noise before 9:00AM or after 5:00PM. This allows set-up, prep and cleanup to proceed in the work hours stated above without disturbing neighbors unduly. Any owner desiring to undertake major work of this type is required to notify the contracted property manager of the LMHOA and/or the Board of Directors at least 45 days prior to commencing the work and provide a timetable for duration of the work, so that the Architectural Committee can be consulted where applicable and other LM owners can be notified in advance.
Major Construction/Renovation is generally work requiring more than one week and with a value more than US$5000 or that may be noisy in nature and generate debris (i.e. tiling, drywall removal, hammering). Owners are encouraged to be present to supervise construction.
- Tile work should be undertaken during August and September only. Tile to be cut inside the condo and not on the deck (or the deck tented to reduce dust and noise).
- Shut windows and doors to reduce spread of noise (including during cleanup-Shop Vac use)
- Elevator pads should be used in elevators to protect from equipment and materials. LM Community Manager to be notified when these are needed and the HOA will install them.
- A list of trade contractors that will require access to/from the Condo Unit must be supplied to LM Community Manager at least 24 hours in advance of commencing work.
- Construction debris cannot be thrown in Las Mañanitas garbage bins. Trade contractor must haul away its trash and clean-up common areas each workday (concrete, sheet rock, aluminum frames, tiles, wood, hazardous substances, oil, paint, glass among others as determined by the LM Community Manager).
The HOA may impose a refundable or non-refundable deposit for payment prior to commencement of work or assess costs for repair of damage to common areas. A deposit is less likely to be required during the months of August/September.