No Unattended Feeding
Rule 15 says “Pet food shall not be left outdoors so as to attract vermin.“
Reason: Owners, guests or renters placing food outside of their units attracts cats and other fauna (mice, rats, Gila monsters, etc.).
Further, feeding such animals is not humane – it encourages exploding populations that become dependent on this food source and starve when the Owner, guest or renter leaves Las Mañanitas.
Third, it is anti-social – most residents come to Las Mañanitas to enjoy a quiet refuge with no nuisances. Residents who feed these animals are trading the comfort and enjoyment of their neighbors for the enjoyment they get from feeding or watching the animals. A large majority of the Las Mañanitas Community has decided they prefer peace and quiet over the benefits of being in a nature preserve, and they promulgated a rule to support that decision. It has been in place for a long time. The rule should be observed --- and enforced.
Steps the Community Manager is taking today:
- The Board will remind all Owners about the rule in the March 2022 newsletter.
- After the reminder goes out, the Security Patrols will be tasked with actively looking for infractions during routine patrols. Finding any, they will document same and report it.
- If any Owners see another resident violating the rule, he or she should report it to the Community Manager, who will confirm it.
- The penalty infraction will be $200, per infraction, minimum.
- All infractions will be reported in the monthly newsletter.